PRUNE & CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Morning porridge tastes so much more exciting when you add something to it! Whether you are using quick and convenient microwavable oats or making porridge the old fashioned way, it’s a great nourishing and filling way to start your day.
- 6 x Nature’s Finest Pitted Prunes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 2 tsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g porridge oats
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 80g dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tsp toasted almond flakes
- Put the sugar and cocoa powder in a small pan, and gradually add the vanilla, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over a medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened and syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, tip the oats into a medium pan and stir in the milk, prunes, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Cook over a low-medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring until thick and creamy.
- Divide the porridge between too bowls, and top with fruit of your choice, a drizzle of your favourite syrup, a sprinkling of flaked almonds, and a few chocolate drops for a treat!
Tip – Why not try our recipe for a leisurely breakfast at the weekend?
PRUNE IN JUICE AVAILABLE IN:
700G & 400G