Fond Memories of December’s gone by
Our Window On Christmas Past
With Christmas just around the corner it’s a wonderful time of year to reflect on the customs that make the festive season magical. Over the years, some of the family traditions we loved as children have started to disappear, but we’re feeling nostalgic and want to share a few of our favourite’s which are sure to bring a smile to your face.
Do you remember…
Share with us your favourite Christmas memories, and you could win a fruity surprise to start your New Year! Best Christmas Memories
Feeling a “trifle” nostalgic?!
Any Christmas dinner table wouldn’t be complete without a big bowl of a fruit, custard and cream trifle!
It’s making a comeback, so why not have a bowlful of retro style trifle for dessert, just like the showstopper that Mum made every Christmas and you always asked for extra custard and cream.
Our Nature’s Finest Fruit Trifle is the perfect addition to any Christmas dinner table that the whole family is bound to enjoy.
Best of all its soooo easy to make!
- 8 inch bowl
- 4 – 5 trifle sponges
- 400g pot of Nature’s Finest Fruit
- 1 pack of strawberry jelly
- 500g carton of ready made custard
- 300ml of double cream
- 2 chocolate flakes (the crumbliest kind!)
- Glace cherries to garnish
How To Make
- Cut your trifle sponges in half lengthways and spread a thin layer of strawberry jam on one side then sandwich both pieces back together.
- Arrange the trifle sponges at the bottom of the bowl.
- Drain your Nature’s Finest Fruit Cocktail – keeping the juice to then immediately pour over the sponges! Scatter our Fruit Cocktail chunks over the moistened sponges
- Mix up the jelly as per the packet instructions and pour the jelly over the top of the trifle sponges and fruit.
- Cover the trifle and place in the fridge for a few hours until the jelly sets.
- Once the jelly has set – remove the trifle from the fridge and pour on the layer of custard.
- Whip the cream and smooth it onto the trifle over the custard.
- To finish simply scatter chocolate flake or coloured sprinkles over the top of the cream.
If you are in need of further inspiration, why not head over to our Social Media channels to find out what other fruit twists we have for Christmas – Fruity Christmas Ideas!
Brussel Sprouts with Mango & Bacon!
We feel a little sorry for the humble Brussel Sprout! Only brought out for Christmas and definitely not celebrated by everyone, it’s quickly confined to relative anonymity for the rest of the year.
However, this Christmas we think it’s time for a change and give this veggie a festive makeover – but with a fruity twist!
You will need:
1 x pot of 400g Nature’s Finest Mango, drained
6 x slices of smoky bacon
1/4 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp brown sugar
How to make:
1. Place chopped bacon in a large, non-stick pan on a medium heat. Cook until crisp and the fat renders, about 8-10 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate, and set to one side.
2. Remove all but 1 tbsp. of fat from the pan, and increase to a med-high heat. Add sprouts, mango, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook until sprouts are beginning to become tender and slightly brown – about 6 minutes – stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and toss with bacon and serve immediately!
Are you an organised or a last minute present shopper? Are you still trying to figure out what to buy? Well, look no further because the Finest fairy is here to help with the Gift of Fruit! We are giving our fabulous fruit pots to 12 lucky people in December! Our pots contain only premium fruit, perfectly prepared, and with no added sugar – they are a great alternative when all those festive treats get a bit too much!
Head over to our Facebook page and keep your eyes peeled for The Gift of Fruit posts in early December to try your luck and be one of the 12 lucky people to win!
Our Latest Recipe Book!
In January we are releasing our “Finest 15 Minute Recipes” – a selection of fabulous quick and easy recipes that you will love.
Simply keep an eye on our Facebook and Instagram pages so you can download it for free. It’s our gift to you!