MANGO TOFU CURRY
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
- 2 x 400g pots of Nature’s Finest Mango
- 1 tbsp coconut oil • 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp dried curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion
- 400g coconut milk
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- 200g firm tofu, diced
- 25g ground almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked rice and/or naan breads/flatbreads to serve
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and turmeric, and cook for a couple minutes. Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion, then add to the pan. Cook for around five minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Once the onion is soft, drain one pot of the mango, and place in a blender or food processor with the coconut milk, chilli, garlic and ginger. Blitz until smooth.
- Add to pan and cook for 15-20 minutes over a gentle heat.
- Drain the second pot of mango and add to the pan. Slice the tofu into cubes, then add to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes until the tofu pieces have swelled a little.
- Stir in the ground almonds to thicken. Season to taste.
- Serve with wedges of lime, extra chilli and rice or breads.