WINTER SLAW WITH GRAPEFRUIT
Servers 4-6 people
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
- 400g Nature’s Finest grapefruit segments
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 spring onions
- 1/2 lime, plus extra to serve
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 a red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 50g toasted pecans
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50g fresh mint
- 50g fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli
- Begin by draining the grapefruit. Set aside while you make the rest of the salad.
- For the dressing, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- Finely slice the white sections of the spring onions, and add these to the bowl along with the juice of 1/2 the lime and a good pinch of salt. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Slice the green part of the spring onions, and place in a large salad bowl.
- Shred or finely chop the red cabbage, and add to the bowl. Peel the carrot, the use the peeler to shave ribbons straight into the salad bowl.
- Roughly chop the pecans, and add to the salad bowl along with the sesame seeds.
- Chop the mint, coriander and chilli, and add to the bowl.
- When you are ready to serve the slaw, add the grapefruit segments and pour over the dressing. Toss the salad until everything is well coated.
- Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.