SPICED CHICKPEA, GRAPEFRUIT & GRAIN SALAD
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
Serves 2 as a main / 4 as a side
- 1 x 400g Nature’s Finest Pomelo Grapefruit, drained
- 100g quinoa
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch coriander
- Juice ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200 ̊C.
- While the oven is heating, wash the quinoa thoroughly in a sieve, then place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for around 15 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked and soft. Drain and set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl. Slice the onion and add to the bowl, then add the paprika, cumin, coriander, ginger and a good grind of salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of oil then toss until well coated. Pour into a baking dish lined with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and fragrant.
- To serve the salad, finely chop the parsley and coriander. Add the cooked quinoa, fresh herbs and drained grapefruit slices to a salad bowl and mix well.
- Dress with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil and season to taste.