PRUNE, OATMEAL & YOGHURT BREAKFAST MUFFINS (GF)
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
- 150g Nature’s Finest prunes, drained and dried
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 160g yoghurt
- 100g ground oatmeal
- 35g gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 30g runny honey (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180° / 160°C fan, and line a cupcake or small muffin tin with 12 cases.
- Weigh the coconut oil and sugar into a small pan, then set over a low heat until melted. Pour into a mixing bowl, then add the egg and yoghurt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Chop up 75g of the Nature’s Finest prunes, add to the batter and mix through. Spoon the batter into the cases, distributing evenly. Slice the remaining 75g Nature’s Finest prunes in half and top each muffin with a piece.
- Drizzle with the runny honey, if using.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until risen, golden and firm to the touch.