PRUNE AND ALMOND ENERGY BITES
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
- 225g Nature’s Finest Prunes, drained
- 75g almonds
- 1 medium banana, ripe
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 75g oats
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 25g maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 170°C / 150°C fan, and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place the almonds in a food processor. Blitz until they are fine powder with a sandy texture. Do not over blitz, or they will become oily and form a paste. Set the almonds aside.
- Place 175g of the drained and dried prunes in the food processor with the banana and almond butter. Blitz until well combined and smooth.
- Add the ground almonds, oats and salt, and blitz to combine. Taste, and add a little maple syrup to taste.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into walnut sized balls. Place on the baking tray. Slice the remaining 50g of dried prunes into quarters, then top each ball with a piece.
- Baking in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the balls have browned and are firm to the touch.