PRAWN TOSTADAS WITH MANGO SALSA
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
- 1 x 400g pot Nature’s Finest Mango, drained
- 100g red cabbage (about ¼ of a cabbage)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- 350g peeled raw king prawns
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh mint
- 1 large avocado
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Grate or very finely slice the cabbage, and place in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. This will stop the colour bleeding into the other ingredients.
- Crush or finely dice the garlic and red chilli, then place in a bowl with the prawns, smoked paprika and olive oil and coat the prawns. Cover and place in the fridge to marinade for at least an hour.
- To make the tostadas, heat the oven to 200°C. Lightly brush an oven proof bowl with oil, then press the tortilla wrap inside the bowl. Lightly brush with a little more oil and sprinkle with salt, then place in the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes, until the tortilla is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the bowl for 5 minutes, before carefully transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat until all the tortilla wraps have been baked.
- Drain and thoroughly dry the cabbage, then place in a bowl with the mango. Mix with the lime juice and zest and a little chopped fresh coriander and mint. Set aside while the prawns cook.
- Add a little oil in a hot frying plan, then add the prawns and flash fry for 1-2 minutes until pink – this means they are cooked. Serve immediately in a tostada topped with slaw, slices of avocado and extra herbs and chilli to taste.