PINEAPPLE & COCONUT CUPCAKES
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
For the cupcakes
- 100g Nature’s Finest pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 125g coconut oil
- 125g raw coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the icing
- 400g thick coconut cream
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Place the coconut cream in the fridge the day before you plan to make the cupcakes.
- Heat the oven to 170°C / 150°C fan. Line a cupcake tray with 12 paper cases.
- Place the pineapple chunks in the bottom of each case.
- Place the coconut oil and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the cake paddle attachment. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can mix by hand using a wooden spoon. Beat the oil and sugar for 2-3 minutes, until well combined and pale.
- Beat in the eggs. Once smooth, sieve in the plot and baking powder, and mix to combine.
Spoon the cupcake mix into the cases, covering the pineapple. Carefully place the tray in the oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the mixture is evenly risen and golden. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge. Drain away any water. Place the thick cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, and whisk up until fluffy. Add the maple syrup to taste. Ice the cupcakes, then finish with a sprinkling of desiccated coconut.