MANGO AND TURKEY TAGINE
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 500ml chicken stock
- 400-600g cooked turkey meat, chopped or shredded
- 1 400g pot Nature’s Finest mango
- 1 400g tin chickpeas
- Chopped coriander and cooked couscous, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish, then add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until very soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple minutes, then add the spices and fry for 4-5 minutes, until they are really fragrant and the pan is dry.
- Add the turkey meat and enough stock to cover, then add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Give it all a good stir, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain the mango and chickpeas and stir through. Taste and season, adding a little more stock if it is drying out. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with couscous.