MANDARIN FRUIT PASTILLES
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
- 400g tub Mandarin in juice
- 10g agave syrup
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 75g desiccated coconut
- Line a small tin or tuppaware (20x15cm dimensions) with 3 layers of cling film.
- Blend the mandarin and it’s juice until smooth and liquidised. Pass the mixture through a sieve to remove any pulp.
- Place the strained juice in a pan with the agave syrup, and place over a low heat.
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water. Leave for 5 minutes to bloom.
- After 5 minutes, the juice should be just starting to bubble. Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze the gelatine to remove as much water as you can, then add to the hot mandarin juice. Stir to help the gelatine dissolve.
- Pour into the prepared tin. Allow to cool to room temperature, then carefully transfer to the fridge and allow to set completely.
- Once set, use a small cutter to cut rounds from the jelly, or slice into small cubes. Roll in
coconut to coat, and serve.