GRIDDLED PEACH, PARMA HAM & ROCKET OPEN SANDWICH
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
- 1 x 400g pot Nature’s Finest Peach slices, drained
- 8 x slices good quality dark rye bread
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Handful of rocket
- 70g Parma ham
- 4 sprigs thyme (optional)
- Drizzle of runny honey (optional)
- Drain the peaches fully, then pat dry gently with kitchen towel. On a plate, brush the peach slices with a drizzle of olive oil and season lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot, then use tongs to place the peach slices in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until well caramelised. Remove from the pan and set aside until you are ready to assemble the sandwiches.
- Toast the bread. Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, dress the rocket with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- To assemble, top the toasts with griddled peach pieces, folds of Parma ham and a little dressed rocket. Top with a sprinkling of thyme (if using), season with salt and pepper and serve.