Mandarin, Chicken and Cashew Asian Slaw
By Lucy Burton, Pudding Lane Blog
Serves 2 – gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free
- 200g pot Nature’s Finest mandarin segments
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small garlic glove
- 1/2 red chilli
- 3 spring onions
- 1 head pink radicchio
- 1 carrot
- 1 cooked skinless chicken breast
- 50g cashew nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Drain the mandarin segments, retaining 1/2 tbsp of juice. Place the juice in a small bowl, and set the segments aside.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and a good pinch of salt to the juice. Whisk with a fork. Set aside.
- Crush the garlic clove and chop the chilli, then add to the dressing. Finely slice the white parts of the spring onions, and add to the dressing.
- Slice up the green section of the spring onions, and place in a large salad bowl. Wash and dry the radicchio, and add the leaves to the bowl. Peel the carrot, then use the peeler to shave thin ribbons of carrot straight into the salad bowl.
- Tear up the chicken, and add to the bowl. Add the cashew nuts, sesame seeds and mandarin segments.
When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss so that everything is well
coated. Serve immediately.