Back to school time!
It’s September, which means only one thing – kids are BACK TO SCHOOL! We hope you’ve had a sweet summer break (you earned it) but it’s now time for the kids to return to their studies and for you to have a well deserved rest!
Whether it’s starting a new school or moving up a year, its big news and so here at Nature’s Finest we want to help your little ones hit the ground running. They can’t be performing at their absolute best without some fruity fuel, so here’s our top suggestions for a great start. With a choice of Mango, Tropical Fruits or Peaches, our snack packs come in packs of 4 to help them get through the week.
We know that getting the kids munching on fruit isn’t always the easiest thing but we believe we’ve come up with some top tips that will have your children munching on fruity treats in no time!
Why not give your children a little ‘adult’ responsibility in the morning by letting them pick their fruit of choice for the day. All of our fruit pots come with a generous helping of yummy juice (with no added sugar) which your little munchkins are guaranteed to love slurping after they’ve had their delicious fruit chunks too!
As well as our snack pots, we also have an array of sharing pots that are the perfect way to get your little ones creative in the kitchen and cooking up some tasty fruity treats ahead of the week ahead. Before you know it – their packed lunches and after-school snacks will be featuring their own kitchen creations!
Finally, if you’re like us and desperately holding on to the last few weeks of Summer for as long as humanly possible, what better way to savour those last few moments of warm weather than by making some super-yummy popsicles for after school? You can whip up this recipe in no time, so get the kids involved before school and they’ll all be ready by the time they come home:
- Grab your favourite pots of Nature’s Finest Fruits from your local supermarket.
- Drain the pots (but don’t throw away the juice!) and put the fruit into a blender.
- Pour into your popsicle moulds.
- Enjoy the leftover juice as a yummy drink – it has no added sugar!
We know we can’t hang onto the summer spirit forever (though we would love to!) so we have also come up with a lovely year-round lunch box essential that is sure to get their creative juices flowing!
Get ahead the night before and whip up a batch of our super-scrummy lunch box bars, ready to pop into their lunch boxes for the week ahead:
● 400g Nature’s Finest Mango in juice
● 200g Nature’s Finest Pineapple in juice
● 250g coconut oil
● 100g raw coconut sugar
● 200g agave syrup
● 400g oats
● 1 tsp fine sea salt
● 1 tsp ground ginger
1. Heat the oven to 170°C / 150°C fan. Line a 30x20cm baking tray with parchment.
2. Drain the fruit, reserving the juice. Set the fruit aside, and place the juice in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, and allow to reduce by three quarters.
3. Once the juice has reduced, turn the heat to low and add the coconut oil, coconut sugar and agave syrup to the pan. Allow the coconut oil to melt, and then remove from the heat.
4. Add the oats, sea salt and ground ginger, and mix until all the oats are well coated. Add the mango and pineapple, and mix through.
5. Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tin. Squash down with the back of a spoon to compact a little, then level the surface.
6. Baking in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The bars are ready when the surface is golden and there is no liquid bubbling at the edges.
7. Remove from the oven. While still warm, carefully cut into bars. Leave in the tray to cool completely, then recut the lines and remove from the tin.
8. The bars will keep in an airtight tin for 10-12 days. Perfect for lunch boxes!